A petition to urge the Administration to support repeal of the Government Pension Offset (GPO) and the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) is now available on the White House website. The GPO and WEP unfairly cut or eliminate many public employees’ earned Social Security benefits. The petition needs a lot of signatures in order to get the attention of the President. Sign today ! Learn moreabout the Government Pension Offset and the Windfall Elimination Provision. To sign the petition:
- Go to http://wh.gov/4KL
- Click on “Create an Account” on the blue bar at the bottom of the page. Fill in the information and click “Register.”
- Check your email for a letter with the links back to the site. It may take several minutes to arrive. Click the link and sign the petition.
- Trouble shooting:
- The site is often swamped. If you can’t get the “register” screen, bookmark http://wh.gov/4KL and try later.
- If the link they send you doesn’t seem to work, go to wh.gov/4KL again and try to sign the petition, anyway.
- If you think you may have signed in and nothing has happened yet, refresh the wh.gov/4KL page and try to sign the petition.